NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT
Length of Recording: 90 minutes, approximately
Access: This session was hosted on Zoom's platform. After your order is submitted, a follow-up email will be sent within 24-48 hours giving you the specific URL to stream the video on your pc, tablet, or mobile device.
Spontaneous Ink Backgrounds (Suminagashi and Ink Pouring)
We are very excited to be covering these popular (but often mysterious) techniques / art forms! Our next Virtual Office Hour Event will focus on Suminagashi (Marbling) and Ink Pouring as a way to create unique and spontaneous backgrounds for your Asian Painting.
We plan to cover:
- What is Suminagashi (Marbling)?
- What is ink pouring?
- The mechanics and basic technique of Suminagashi and Ink Pouring
- Material selection (paper, ink, brushes and other tools)
- Participants are encouraged to try both techniques during the session (view the materials list here).
- How to use these techniques to make backgrounds for painting?
- Questions and answers and much more!
What Are Virtual Office Hours?
Virtual Office Hours are Live Online discussions on a variety of subjects related to brush painting and calligraphy that include brief demonstration and time allotted for questions and answers by our participants.
For a limited time, purchase access to any of the past sessions as a recording. Or add it to your cart as a qualifying gift lesson with a minimum purchase of $50 or more.