Material List for for Ling Chi's VOH: A Simple Flower
Here is a list of materials that Ling Chi will be using in our Virtual Office Hours on October 28th, 2022. She will be demonstrating a simple flower on four different types of paper.
- Assorted Roll for LingChi's VOH: A Simple Flower (Premium Jade Plate, Olive Colored Xuan, Vintage Sized Xuan, and Semi-Sized Xuan)
- Green (Yellow and Indigo)
- Optional Color: Dark Red
- Purple (Red and Indigo)
- Metallics (either Sakura Gold or Mica Watercolor Pan Colors)
- Pearlescent Watercolor Set
- Best Bottle Ink
- Note: Ling Chi will be using primarily Chinese Chip colors. You can substitute equivalent Western Watercolors, Chinese Watercolor Tubes, or Ideal Companion Set. Contact OAS for questions about color substitution
- Small Line Brush (Happy Dot Brush or Mountain Horse Fine Brush)
- Small Shape Brush (OAS Flow Brush)
- Large Shape Brush (OAS Large Flow Brush or Full Lotus Brush
In this Virtual Office Hours session we will explore the following questions:
- How do we paint on single xuan versus double xuan?
- What is paper sizing and how does sizing affect brush technique, moisture control, and color loading/blending?
- How do we choose paper based on sizing and our desire to control moisture?
- How do we painting spontaneous style on raw, sized, and semi-sized paper?
- How do we paint on colored paper?
To qualify for this Virtual Office Hours session simply make any purchase between now and Thursday 10/27/22 and you will be sent the access information.