NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT
Length of Recording: 90 minutes, approximately
Access: This session was hosted on Zoom's platform. After your order is submitted, a follow-up email will be sent within 24-48 hours giving you the specific URL to stream the video on your pc, tablet, or mobile device.
Painting Spontaneous Style on Sized Papers
Sizing is the process of coating paper with alum to cause the paper to resist moisture. This creates opportunities for different techniques in spontaneous style Chinese painting that can address some common moisture problems experience by artists new to the style.
This session covers the following:
- Why use sized paper for spontaneous style
- Techniques for manipulating or pushing color / ink after application
- How Chinese brush techniques on raw paper are different from Western watercolor and how can painting on sized paper help bridge the gap
- Color loading and blending when painting on sized paper
- Stroke direction and order unique to spontaneous style painting on sized paper
- Questions and answers and much more!
What Are Virtual Office Hours?
Virtual Office Hours are Live Online discussions on a variety of subjects related to brush painting and calligraphy that include brief demonstration and time allotted for questions and answers by our participants.
For a limited time, purchase access to any of the past sessions as a recording. Or add it to your cart as a qualifying gift lesson with a minimum purchase of $50 or more.