Marie's Watercolor Set is currently out of stock. Note the replacement of Bright Light Watercolors.
Fine Line 'Gong-bi' Set Includes:
- The Peony Fine Line Lesson (WSF0001);
- Six 11" x 8 1/2" Sheets of Glass Paper;
- Red Feather Small Brush (H2F);
- 3 Fine Soft Small Brushes (S1B);
- 1 Plate of Blossom Palette Set (BP2);
- 1 Yin Yang Plastic Ink Dish;
- Wu Chu 80 mL bottle of ink (I19A); and
- Bright Light Watercolors 7: 12 mL Color Set (White, Yellow, Carmine, Rouge, Burnt Sienna, Stone Green, Indigo)
Mother and daughter team up to create one complete beginner's set making it easy to understand the meticulous style of Fine Line (Gong-bi).
Gong-bi as translated as labor brush uses size xuan (shuen) paper allowing an artist to draw or outline their painting in ink with brush, then apply layer and layers of wash to achieve color variation.
The style strengthens your bone strokes from calligraphy and painting.
With such little information and instructional material out there for Fine Line, this set as well as the lessons that follow have been received many compliments by both beginners as well as masters in the field of brush painting.