4 page handout
OAS addresses the most fundamentals of brush paintings on this "Common Elements" lesson on shapes.
Using simple painting compositions, such as the ever so cute and popular panda and hibiscus flower, OAS introduces how the brush handles with light and heavy pressures as well as using the side of the brush to develop the simple shapes often found in brush painting and Sumi-e!
Ink & Color:
- INDIGO - Indigo (CC03).
- RED - Chinese Red (CC04) or Schmincke Cadmium Red Deep (WCS350).
- DARK RED - Winsor Newton Perylene Violet (WCWN470).
- WHITE - Pelikan White (Replaced with Da Vinci White).
- YELLOW - Chinese Yellow (CC01).
- GREEN = YELLOW+ INDIGO.
- LT GREEN = WHITE + GREEN.
- BROWN = RED/DARK RED + GREEN/LT GREEN.
- VERMILION (for panda's tongue) - Vermilion (CC05).
- INK - Best Bottle Ink (I04).
- Any Shuen Paper.